Saturday, January 30, 2016
Sunday, November 09, 2014
Monday, December 02, 2013
As you know, I’m a crafty girl and as previously posted about, my pinning obsession is still up and running. Recently I’ve began making hooks out of wire and pins (well.. thumb tacks) and today i’ll show you how to make them (in really hard to understand steps!
They look like this and they currently hold a note for school and my ‘Dymo’ labeller.
This is what you need:
Thumbtacks (or as shown, drawing pins). Also a score from my cousins dead grandfather (r.i.p).
1) Get your wire and cut your desired length. We are aiming for a circle with some wire left over.
2) Enclose the circle by wrapping the excess wire with the other end of the wire.
3) Bend the sides together to form a rectangular oval.
4) Bend it again in half like shown (keep the roundness on the bottoms). This will make the hook.
5) Set up the thumb tack by putting it in your wall (or wood or something, not a corkboard) and leave like 5mm of space.
6) Insert your ‘hook’ into the gap of the thumbtack on one of the larger ‘C’s with the gap of the ‘C’ facing downwards. Press on the ‘hook’ to make it upright.
AND YOU’RE FINISHED!!
You can even hang your (notso heavy) bags on it!