Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Norm

 

IMG_6714

I think its a bit daunting, and some-what rude to post some of the personal belongings of someone online, especially if they had passed and you knew them. Although, some of the things are interesting. Mr Norm, even though not directly related to me was cool. My mum referred to him as Dad and whenever I went over to my Aunts house he was there. I didn’t talk to him very much and I don’t know much about him. He did build stuff, was a dedicated Christian and apparently, my dad says, was a graphic designer. Was this true? I don’t know. Lets get started on some of the things I took.

IMG_6705 

Pens.

IMG_6717

These containers looked cool! Laxatives is a cool word!!

IMG_6718

Inside the pill bottle.

IMG_6719

A badge thing that was inside the laxative container.

IMG_6723

One of my faves, a wooden ruler.

IMG_6724

IMG_6726

He had a ton of vinatge boxes, which I live for.

IMG_6727

My uncles took alot of the stationery things, they’re really good quality. Some were made in England!!

IMG_6729

I have no idea how to work this.

IMG_6731

IMG_6733

IMG_6735

Had a glass shard in it. I don’t know what this is as well.

IMG_6743

BOX BOX BOX! Now it holds my nail-polish, beads and some stamps.

IMG_6744

This is the thing that I am most excited to show you.

IMG_6745

As an Australian, he probably served the Army or the Navy.

 IMG_6751

IMG_6746

From the Marches.

IMG_6753

IMG_6754

An old Australian penny with a gun shot through it?

IMG_6763

IMG_6764

I don’t know what this is.

IMG_6766

IMG_6767

March badge of 69’.. or 96’

IMG_6769

I also got the cutting board from him, let me just say that IT THE BEST THING EVER <3

IMG_6770

Australians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free! When I was at primary school, when the the Advance Australia Fair was played, it would be the Human Nature version. You guys should look it up. Its really beautiful, I swear. I’m actually listening to it at the moment and I feel like tearing up.

IMG_6772

Now its time for other things, goodbye cool badges.

IMG_6773

Anywayyyyys, this is a cool compass-ish set.

IMG_6774

IMG_6776 

IMG_6777

Jars of screws, and misc.

IMG_6785

IMG_6788

Its a thermometer!

IMG_6790

Was he a mathematician?

Thanks for reading this post! I’m now listening to Waltzing Matilda, Slim Dusty version, so pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! Im gonna check out all that stuff when i go to your house next.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?